<body><iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=28183719&amp;blogName=1gramofsugarylove%7D&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=BLUE&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2F1gramofsugarylove.blogspot.com%2F&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2F1gramofsugarylove.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div> let me see your tailfeathers.



See, it hurts me to tell you this
But it kills me to keep it inside
Saturday, October 24, 2009 / 1:37 AM

Piano lesson from 12.30pm - 5pm today.
Friday afternoon actually. Since its past midnight.
I almost died lah.
The chair ain't very comfortable if u're sitting there for hours.
And a waste of my entire friday afternoon!!
Sad.

Oh well.

Anyway, had the first law class today.
Speaking of law, i'm sure you'd know about Ris Low.
I've read about her, and its been absolutely entertaining.
But honestly i havent seen any videos of her.
So i didn't really thought much of the whole Ris Low saga.

Until today.

WeiTing showed me this video from The Shan and Ross show.
Like omg. It made my skin crawl.
She is so awkward!!
Like, her facial expression is downright uncomfortable,
And her speech impairment ain't helping her either.
Yes, you heard me. Speech impairment.
And the way she carries herself in the video,
I'd say shameless, or maybe i'll be nicer
And say she's given up hope on trying to save her reputation.
I can't freaking stand the way she talks!!
Watch it and you'll bloody understand.

The 2 hosts are so obviously making fun of her.
So irritating. Irritatingly cool, of course.

It was almost too painful to watch the entire video.
But i made it through.



Totally agree with Shan.
She should wear the last outfit for a funeral.
She might even raise the dead.
Her British accent might help.

Of course, all her claims of studying in NUS fascinate me.
I never knew the standards dropped so much.
Saw this on the net -
"The only institution she [Ris Low] should be in is a mental institution."
I almost wanted to make it my desktop wallpaper.

------------------------------------------------>
EDITED

After blogging the above,
I just had to know who was taking over the crown.
Since Ris Low has given up the crown and the title.
The new Miss Singapore World 2009 is Pilar Carmelita Anastasia Arlando.
She speaks way better English (and has clearer pronunciation)
And she carries herself in a really good manner.
If you were wondering why she looks so angmoh-ish,
She has Chinese, Indian, Portuguese and Dutch blood/genes.

She is a much much better choice.
Here's a video of her.



Let's end this post with a nice paragraph
Directly quoted from an article from The Straits Times Blog,
1st October 2009.
From Reporter Nicholas Yong
The whole article is rather well written. I like it.
http://blogs.straitstimes.com/2009/10/1/to-boomz-or-not-to-boomz

"Even though Ms Low is undoubtedly a polarising figure, she has arguably had a lasting impact on popular culture here. Facebook, YouTube and Twitter already bear the mark of her imprints (or should that be 'impreence'?)

So I daresay that, sooner or later, someone is going to use 'boomz' in an advertising campaign. This will then be followed by the obligatory, and no doubt prolonged, agonised soul-searching over the standard of English in our country.

Then, like the ugly step-child we had initially refused to acknowledge, we will grow to love it and embrace it. Before you know it, tourism campaigns will be urging visitors to visit our boomz island and help the economy go boomz.

Then the day will come when we will reach out, and come together to unveil our National Day slogan: Singapore Boomz!"



1:37 AM
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.